The Body-Mind Connection
As most yogis can tell you, yoga views the body and mind as being vitally connected, rather than as two separate entities. Based on this point of view, a therapeutic yoga regimen prescribes tools that impact not only the body, but also the mind. Conversely, work in yoga that impacts the psyche and emotional domains heavily influence body and breath. Yoga rejects the dichotomy that would see us as being comprised of isolated, individual parts, but instead seeks to view us as whole, integrated beings. Hence, even scholarly research finds that people show improvement in mental health functioning as a result of yoga practice.
How Does Therapeutic Yoga Work?
At Change, Inc. St. Louis Yoga, you can begin your therapeutic yoga journey in __ easy steps:
- Simply give us a call at 877-5-CHANGE (524-2643) or 314-669-6242 for a free 10-minute consult.
- After hearing a little about your story, we’ll set you up for your first meeting with our 1-on-1 Therapeutic Yogi, Val Weaver, RYT-200.
- Between the initial consult and your first visit, we’ll have you fill out a number of assessments to determine your years of yoga practice, insight/experience, and individual therapeutic yoga goals.
- At your first session, these goals and the process of therapeutic yoga will be intimately discussed. Any questions you have will be thoroughly answered.
- During your sessions and at the beginning and end, we’ll track your progress toward your goals, so that you have a real, tangible sense of growth.
It’s that easy!At Change, Inc., our St. Louis Therapeutic Yoga is custom-fit to your needs, and will never push or pull you beyond where you’re ready to go. You can have the one-on-one attention you can never get in a group class, and the safety of practicing difficult physical and/or emotional work in a private setting.
Want to schedule One-on-One Therapeutic Yoga? Start by making this simple call.
We can schedule you immediately!
Nervous about calling? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org!